Wednesday 20 March 2013

Week 49 - 3.3.13 (3 weeks to go)

A great week of beach fun and appointments.

The kids and I have spent a lot of time at the beach this week. We have gone down every day at least once if not more. We have had some rain and some cold moments, but that still has not stopped us from going. In fact, the cooler weather has meant that the water feels warmer and so we have been swimming anyway. I thought the kids would be a bit scared, as they are use to swimming pools, but they have taken to the beach like fish to water. Tom is now diving under the waves and having a ball in the water. Laura is still a bit hesitant, as it is very salty and both don't like the taste or feel of it in the eyes. I can't blame them, it is really bad.

I went and saw my rental property on Tuesday. It was very strange being back in the house after so long (nearly 7 years), but it still looks the same. The garden has suffered dramatically, and all of my beautiful plants that were under the verandah have gone. But you have to expect some changes after so long. Aunty Kaye also took us shopping and so I was able to pick up a couple of carseats for the kids and other needed items.

On Wednesday, we all had Doctor appointments. We were in there for ages sorting through all the issues of the last year. Laura was also given for 4 year old immunisiations and so was not too happy with that. We then spent the afternoon at the beach.

Thursday was a busy day. We went to KFC for lunch and then Tom had an Audiologist appointment to check his hearing. I felt that since his speech is not the best, we better get his hearing checked. My suspicions were correct, he is just lazy when he speaks and his hearing is fine! The kids then spent 2 1/2 hours playing at an indoor play park. We then needed to walk home. Tom was exhausted and so wanted to ride in the pram, but Laura was also tired as well. So, Tom went in the pram and Laura went on the shoulder's. So guess who was the most exhausted by the time we got back to my sisters house?

Friday was going to be a day of relaxation. The kids have been doing too much and are getting cranky and so we just wanted to crash around the house. However, Laura developed a reaction to one of her injections and so we were back at the doctors getting that sorted. Thankfully, all ok. He said the reaction meant she has a good immune system. Nice to know after all the problems of last year.

Jo got out our old calisthenic costumes. It was so cute seeing Laura in my old costumes, she looks as gorgeous as I did.

Easter bunny came on Saturday. I sent him a letter informing him that the kids would not be around for Easter in Lumwana and so he came early. It was wonderful and I thank him dearly. They enjoyed having a hunt in Auntie Jo's back yard and found lots of yummy eggs. Thanks EB!

On Sunday, we had some family over. It was great to see my Uncle Dave and cousins and their kids. Such a shame though that my dear Aunty Marg is no longer around. We remember her dearly.

My cousin Bec has 3 kids now and she is an amazing woman. All 3 are permanent foster and they are all beautiful children. She is a wonderful mother, working alone to raise these children and I cannot give her enough praise for the great work she is doing. I go crazy with 2 kids and a husband. She deserves a medal.

Kelli's kids have grown up so much. I had never met Brodie before and her 2 are just lovely.

That afternoon we went to Kelli's house, where I was able to meet my other cousins Chad partner and their son. A wonderful day of family. It had been far too long since we were all together.

I can't believe that in 3 weeks, Phil's contract will be over. We / he still has not been given a contract even though they have told him one is coming. I am so frustrated and stressed with it all as I don't know why things are taking so long. He either has a contract or not. Thank goodness I have the beach and Muscato! Lol......



No comments:

Post a Comment