Wednesday 20 March 2013

Week 48 - 24.2.13 (4 weeks to go)

We have had a lovely, busy week.

On Monday, Grandma took us to the Aquatic centre. It was fantastic and the kids had a ball playing in the water. We left feeling like prunes after about 3 hours in the water!

On Tuesday, Grandma came with us to the Indoor Play centre where we spent several hours playing. The kids again had a great time using their imaginations as they played shop, babies and climbing and sliding over the equipment. It is great seeing them in these environments as I know they have missed their own toys and doing activities like this.

Wednesday we went shopping and stocked the kids up on clothes. It is a bit difficult to get summer clothes here in Australia, as the shops are getting in winter stock, but I managed to get some great bargins. I have forgotten how exhausting shopping can be, but also how much fun...Lol.

The kids finally had their first proper hair cut in a year! They certainly looked good after that. Can't wait to get mine done in Adelaide as I am looking very old (grey) and tired. That afternoon I had an appointment with our Financial Adviser and Grandma took the kids to the nearby park, where they played on the old train. Grandma can't believe how bossy Laura is and says she will make a great actress one day. Laura certainly loves to sing and perform and both the kids have wonderful imaginations when it comes to playing, and when they are not teasing and trying to kill each other.

The three of us had dental appointments on Friday. Thankfully, we are all ok. The Dentist could not believe that Tom's dead tooth is still in. She took an xray and it is barely hanging on. Hopefully it will last a bit longer as we don't need problems with his teeth, especially if we stay in Zambia. They were both a bit scared to begin with, but after seeing me have my teeth checked they both did well. That night we saw Aunty Kay, Uncle Roy and Mrs Killick for dinner. It really ha sbeen lovely catching up with Phil's family.

We have enjoyed a wonderful week here in Tassie. The weather has been a bit cold in the mornings and we are not use to that, so we have had to rug up at times. But most nights we have enjoyed dining outside for dinner and generally having a wonderful time with Grandma and Grandad.

The kids have had a great time playing and even got to ride on Grandad's Bobcat (even if it was turned off at the time). It has been wonderful to see them interacting so well with their grandparents.

We left Tassie on Saturday and arrived in Adelaide late afternoon. It was sad to go and I wished I could have stayed longer. I enjoy my inlaws company and will miss them dearly. My sister, Jo and niece Sophie picked us up from the airport. I cannot believe how the Adelaide airport has changed. It is huge, so very different from a few years ago.

On Sunday, my parents and Godmother Kaye, came down to have lunch with us. It was wonderful to see them again and catch up.

So as I said, overall a busy week.

Phil does not have a new contract as yet......He assures me one is coming. I hope so. I don't like the idea of being homeless and jobless with 2 kids in 4 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment