Monday 22 April 2013

Week 51 - 17.3.13 ( 1 week to go)



We had a busy, but a fun week.

We caught up again with my Auntie Kaye. I am really enjoying spending time with her and I am glad that the kids are getting to know her as well. She has been and is a special person in my life.

On Monday night, Jo and I plus kids had fish and chips on the beach. It has been great spending such a large amount of our time on the beach. I am really going to miss the smell and sounds. There is nothing like the fresh smell of ocean, a blend of salt and seaweed and the sound of waves. It is always good for ones peace of mind and sanity. Not to mention the sand is a great exfoliant for the feet!

Tuesday was also spent at the beach and having a rest after a busy weekend. With the heat we are not really sleeping all that well. In Lumwana we have the fans going constantly inside and so we are not used to this constant heat.

I managed to catch up with a dear friend on Wednesday and her kids. The kids and I went to the video store in the morning and hired some dvd’s, that is a novelty for us now. Then in the afternoon, Sharee, Corey and Lauren came over. We headed to the beach but due to a storm coming and the wind, there was no beach, only waves and so we headed to the park instead. It was great to catch up. I have missed my friends dearly and I am looking into heading to Forbes next week to see them all. I can’t wait.

On Thursday, we caught the bus to Marion shopping centre where we raced to the movies to see ‘Wreck it Ralph’ only to be told it was not playing that day due to technical problems. So instead we went into the games arcade and played a few games before heading to Bowl land. The kids really enjoyed bowling and Tom even managed a strike, Laura was the queen of the split, and I surprised myself with 2 strikes in a row. It was good fun. We then had Hungry Jacks for lunch and I have to say it must have been 15 more years or more that I had eaten it. Tasted good, and I must say I do love onion rings! That night my Uncle Neil and his wife Linda came over with a delicious dinner. Linda is a fantastic cook.

Friday was you guessed it a day at the beach and the playground. Tom rode his bike and I pushed Laura in the pram. Tom is really enjoying having a bike to ride. I wish he had one back in Lumwana. It’s when I see them having fun on bikes or scooters that I realise how much they are missing their own. It’s a shame that things have gone the way they have in Lumwana. It would have been such a better year, if we had have had our belongings. The place would have felt more of a home, rather than have us constantly reminded of what we left behind. My sister Jo and I went to Montezuma’s for dinner and enjoyed some wonderful Mexican food and plenty of Margarita’s (maybe too many).

I had a day to myself on Saturday. I have not been coping all that well, with the stress of not knowing what is going to happen in a week. I have also forgotten to take my medication and so, now that I have been off it for a week I feel as though I want to push through and quit it for good. The medication has not allowed me to feel certain things and also prevented me from losing weight, which again does not make someone feel good about them self. Is it the right time to go my meds? I am sure it is not. But now that I have started the process, I feel I need to finish it. I almost need to prove to myself that I can cope now without it. We will see.

Anyway, my dear sister agreed to have the kids and so I went off shopping down the Bay and then enjoyed a nice quiet night to myself at a local hotel. It was so peaceful. I enjoyed a nice bottle of wine and some wonderful cheeses, a bath and a comfy bed all to myself. I sooooo did not want to leave the hotel the next morning and back to whingey kids. LOL.

Sunday I was able to watch my nephew Jack play football for West Adelaide. The first game he has played for SANFL. It was only a trial game, but he played well. I wish him all the best in his dreams of playing for the Crow’s and hope to see him on TV one day doing exactly that.

Still NO contract! That means NO job, NO house. What are we going to do???? This just tops off the last few months. I am so stressed I am crying and emotional all the time. How can we be left in limbo like this? I really do not understand.


No comments:

Post a Comment